Oil extraction plant is a plant that is used to extract oil from oilseeds and the machine that performs that extraction job is known as oil extractor. The prime job of the oil extractor is extracting the essential oil from different oil seeds that include soybean, sunflower, cottonseed etc. Now we what oil extraction plant and oil extractor do. But when you want to run an oil extraction plant one of the major aspects you can’t avoid is choosing the best process for oil extraction.
Choosing the best process for oil extraction:
While engineering and designing a production line for extracting oil from seeds, a lot of factors need to be analyzed. It is very important to assure the highest return on the investment. The following steps you should follow if you want to choose the best process for oil extraction.
- Examining the characteristics of the source: First of all, you need to examine the characteristics of the source of the oil. If you want to make improvement in quality and yield, it depends on the proper choice of pressing, extraction and refining process.
- Targeting a particular set of the end product: You need to target a particular set of end product like common edible oil, senior edible oil, special grease products, industrial oils and other classes of analogues to petrochemicals.
- Realizing the dependency of process design: You should realize that the process design is dependent on the targeted output oil grade to a huge extent. Simple oil pressing and oil refining process is used in the common edible oil and the equipment is easy to design, maintain and clean. On the other hand, complicated oil pressing and the high-quality standard are required by high-grade edible oil.
- Specifying the pre-treatment process: The pre-treatment process includes the cleaning, peeling and expansion or heat treatment technology. Some of them are done using an oil extractor. Heat treatment technology is a part of the process in case of high grade cooking oils.
- Considering carefully the process elements: The process elements for targeted input and output need to be considered carefully. In oil refining process many sub-processes like de-gumming, de-colorization, de-odorizing, de-acidification and steam distillation are utilized.
- Considering the entire oil processing stream: Another aspect to be considered is the entire oil processing stream – procurement to packaging and also distribution as well as each the side streams such as the by-product and the waste created.
- Dispensation for unique characteristics of the seed variety: It is important to have provision for unique characteristics of the variety as well as the oil extract. Its prime goal is to preserve the special flavor.
- Choosing special oil making process: Special oil making processes need to be chosen. It needs to be done in order to keep original flavor as well as the preferred characteristics of the oil.
- Eliminating waste: The production line needs to be designed in a way where the created waste can be eliminated easily and it won’t cause any harm to the environment.
- Temperature monitoring and control: The system should be designed in a way where you can monitor the required temperature as well as can control it.
- The economy of scale analysis: It is another important step. You need to perform an initial economy of scale analysis.
- Provision for quality analysis: what must be integrated is the feedback to the production system. The more immediate feedback leads to the better process control as well as quality goods.
- Perform selection review: You need to perform a selection at this stage. You need answers to the questions on reasonable processing flow, quality and yield, optimality of chosen process elements for the raw materials etc.
- The process of selecting: This is where you realize the process of selecting as well as configuring equipment is iterative.
- Testing prototypical process implementation: In this step, you will be able to analyze existing operation and can also identify weakness and strength of the components of the process.
- Analyzing scalability and flexibility: The flexibility here means the alternative use of proposed equipment.
An oil extraction plant will give you the best output possible. A variety of oil extractors is used nowadays at the oil extraction plants. You need to choose the best extraction process for your plant to get maximum output. And the steps stated above can be helpful for you in doing so.